GorillaWoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inVoteVoteVote

Sync (GM APP)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sync

sync

Sync (GM APP) Empty
PostSubject: Sync (GM APP)   Sync (GM APP) EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:45 pm

1. What is your main character's in-game name?

Sync

2. Where in the world are you located?

England,gloucestershire

3. What time zone are you located in?

GMT Greenwich mean time + 0

4. What is your age?

5. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?

I played retail for 5 years on and off on the realm aggrammar i have a human paladin called woodfield and a warrior called thunderbumm both were once in top raiding guild but now i only play my paladin.

6. How long have you played on Gorilla WoW?

Well not long but i saw every one else had posted theirs on the day they had joined so i thought i may as well i try i have alot of experiance and am willing to put the time and effort in to prove that i am worthy of the position

7. What times can you be online? (Be specific: Days/Times etc)
Monday - Sunday
Monday - friday = generaly 6pm - 2am sometimes 4pm - 2pm and days im off i can be around all day
Saturday - Sunday = all day if needed but i do have a social life so its subseptable to change

8. Have you ever been banned for any reason? If so, why? Give the name of the person who banned you.

No ive never been banned on any server except eternion wow cus i found out about hex edits so i just rampaged around there server insta killing the gms. Was fun but im not gonna hack on a server which is half decent and not overrun with donors and owners who just care about the cash in there wallet.

9. How much time each day do you spend on the forums and/or in-game?

I spend all day on the forums im constantly checking and constantly posting, i operate on graphic forums as well and several other gaming discussion forums so im always trolling away.

10. What is your Ventrilo Username?

My ventrilo username is sync.

11. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? If so, how long and what server?

ive been in several posistions as Gm or admin on several servers

Crimson wow on the first release = 3 months, reason of leaving it shut down ):
Underworld of warcraft i was an admin so i didnt donate for GM but i quit as they put alot of preasure on you
Blizzard Hq a twink server - 6 months then the server changed its name and fired all gms cus the owner fails hard

12. Tell us a little about yourself.

I drink and i smoke weed, i aspire to be a graphic designer and im studying graphics and art at college as well as maths and ict.
Also i play tennis 3 times a week which is why sometimes im not on till 6 as i have to train to keep buff :3 <3 Also i have quite a big social life and i took 5 A levels so i have alot of work to do but i never play less that 4 hours a day but mostly i play at least 6 hours.

13. Explain why you think you would be an excellent Gorilla WoW GM.

I am commited in what ever i do and i always to try to improve my skills, also there is a competitive asepect of me so im always striving to be the best Gm there is on the server.
My personality is very layed back which can be a problem sometimes as i get a bit lazy, but it stops me from getting angry when other players start to shout and scream about the kid who has done nothing or wrong or the opposite. Also i have alot of knowledge about wow after playing for 4 years which allows me to direct all players in the correct direction.

14. What interests you most about the GM position?

The aspect of helping people and also knowing whats happening on the inside of the server is always a nice thing to know. Also the respect is quite nice and people know your name so they speak to you can i like chatting and sociliasing when im not doing stuff. i like the benifits that come with being a GM as does every one but im always there to do my job as i am aware it would be my first responsibility to help the players, and if i needed to take a break i would inform another GM first to make sure some one is their to help.

15. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?

Im helpfull and friendly, im not socially awkward so i always speak to people with confidence. Some people might take offence to the way i speak but if they do i always appologise and im never racist or derogitive in any way. As i said before the competiveness inside me would allow me to become one of the best GM this server has ever created. Also i have a creative mind so im good at creating custom and unique events. Also i am an avid graphic designer and would be happy to help with further website design if need be.

16. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar. If this would be a problem for you, please explain why?

No i have a A grade GCSE so my grammer is correct almost all the time and if there are any problems i will always correct it.

17. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?

I would say add some level 80 vendors for heroic gear so once people get to level 80 they can get some level 200 gear to get started with raiding and stuff, it might be a little bit to much of a boost but it could be worked around to only give blues i guess.

18. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do ?

The most important thing a GM can do is treat every one as an individual meaning, they dont help there friends first they go through the Tickets in a list this stops people complaining and every one is happy. If you answer your friends first they think they can just skip the que all the time and that they are better than every one else because they are friends with a GM, even if some one was my friend i would tell them to wait my turn as i have a job to do.

19. If you were fired, what would your reaction be?

I would contact some one higher in the ranks and asked what i did wrong, once told i would take complete punishment but if it was something lesser that i think i could improve on i would ask for another chance and improve on what i did wrong, if given another chance i would work very hard to increase my chance of keeping my possition.

20. The following is a situation that may arise while on our staff. What would your reaction be?

"GM! This guy is speed hacking! Ban him plx!"

The first thing i would say is take screenshots, then i would go invisible and teleport into there battleground not to the fly hacker i would also tell him not to tell any one else so i could get into the bg un noticed for maximum chance of catching him. If he wasnt hacking and no screenshots were giving then i would just leave it and tell the player to take screenshots before making a ticket nest time.

21. The following is another situation that may arise while on our staff. What would your reaction be.

(You notice a fellow GM abusing their powers. What do you do?)

I would take screenshots of the GM who was abusing his powers and then i would contact the head GM first and send him the screen shots of him abusing his powers its not my job to decide what happens to them only to elevate it to the head gm so they can decide what to do.

- thank you for reading my application sync Smile
Back to top Go down
realm

realm

Sync (GM APP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sync (GM APP)   Sync (GM APP) EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Good Luck Sync!
Back to top Go down
http://gorillawow.com/
Keranis

Keranis

Sync (GM APP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sync (GM APP)   Sync (GM APP) EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:44 am

You can't catch a speed hacker with a screenshot. That's for fly hackers.

Also. You said your grammar was excellent. Well, your not showing it in your application.

Little things, i know. Just a nudge in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
sync

sync

Sync (GM APP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sync (GM APP)   Sync (GM APP) EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:56 pm

thank you for your input ?
Back to top Go down
Josh
Admin
Josh

Sync (GM APP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sync (GM APP)   Sync (GM APP) EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Pending -

Reason: Would like to talk to you on ventrilo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sync (GM APP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sync (GM APP)   Sync (GM APP) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sync (GM APP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GorillaWoW :: Staff Applications :: GM Applications-
Jump to: